Ask Me Tomorrow, Mojave 3 (7/10)

 "Ask Me Tomorrow" is the debut album of Mojave 3, a British band consisting of members of the broken-up Slowdive (Neil Halstead, Rachel Goswell, and Ian McCutcheon). It came out in 1995 shortly after Slowdive's breakup. I'd been meaning to listen to the whole thing for a while since Bella sent me the most famous song ("Love Songs On the Radio") and I really liked it. It's also kind of a slowcore classic. It is a very good album with just great guitar and nice vocals and a kind of classic slowcore sound which is quite pleasant to listen to. That said, the reason I gave it a 7 is because sometimes the songs sound a little similar, and I think I would have appreciated some more diversity on the album. Kind of reminds me of Starflyer 59 (or Slowdive lol). Pretty good listen! Favorite tracks: Love Songs on the Radio, Mercy, Candle Song 3 



Comments

Popular Posts