The Forever Story, JID (6/10)

The Forever Story is the latest album from Atlanta rapper, JID. It came out on 8/26/22, and I'd heard only really positive reviews from some of my friends, so I was excited to get into it. Honestly, though, I feel pretty neutral about it. I'm a fan of JID's for sure, and I think he is one of the most exciting rappers today. In fact, this album does a fucking crazy job of showcasing his rapping skills as he talks about so many facets of Black life and his family and friends (the cover art should give you a sense of this range). However, I just didn't like a lot of the beats and melodies happening behind his rapping throughout a lot of the album? I was disappointed by that. There are a few bangers in there for sure - especially "Surround Sound" which I'd been listening to a lot when it was dropped earlier this year as a single, but there are also a lot of songs I won't return to. This is an album where I super respect the artistry and think he's phenomenally talented, but I just was only meh about a lot of it - especially the second half of the album. But I won't fight anyone who loves it lol. Favorite tracks: Surround Sound (feat. 21 Savage & Baby Tate), Dance Now (feat. Kenny Mason), Kody Blu 31



Comments

Popular Posts