Rock and Roll Night Club, Mac Demarco (9/10)

This album is so fucking good?????? A near perfect piece. This is Mac Demarco's first album (2012). I had only listened to his 2014-2018 albums in full prior, but this has to be my favorite yet. It's so interesting cuz you can really hear how he has evolved from this record -- in deepening and weirdening his idiosyncratic stoner chiller folk -- but perhaps because this album was earlier/he was younger in his career, he pulls a lot from country and rock- and I just think it's so fkn good. The guitar of course is wildddd. And there's a real diversity of sounds and songs here that I think feels broader than some of his later albums. Oh and it's got these kind of radio static interludes that are also chefs kiss. Favorite tracks: Rock and Roll Nightclub, Baby's Wearing Blue Jeans, She's Really All I Need, 


Comments

  1. hell yeah!!!! his best album for sure. kinda sad he stopped doing the elvis voice parody, was kinda sexy. i had the same fav tracks as well. 1 that really grew on me over the years tho was european vegas. also hes soooo fkin good live!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts