Music Has the Right to Children, Boards of Canada (5/10)

"Music Has the Right to Children" is the debut studio album from Scottish electronic duo, Boards of Canada. It came out in 1998 and, as an experimental electronic album, was super novel and kind of groundbreaking at the time. It's still probably known as one of the biggest deals/milestones in the genre. I knew a couple songs from this album, "Roygbiv" and "Olson" (probably my favorite BOC song), before giving the album a full-listen. To be frank, I was unimpressed. While I like a few of the songs, Olson is still by far my favorite, and I honestly didn't really like most of them. That said, I do understand the album's historical significance, and I know a lot of people treasure this album. As a side note, I actually really do like some experimental and ambient noise/electronic sound albums, but I just didn't really get into a lot of these songs personally. I would say if you listen to the best tracks, you can probably skip the rest. Favorite tracks: Olson, Wildlife Analysis, Pete Standing Alone, Roygbiv, Open the Light 



Comments

Popular Posts