The Line Is A Curve, Kae Tempest (3/10)

Kae Tempest (FKA Kate Tempest) is a UK poet and songwriter that my dad recommended to me for their poetic roots. It turns out they are also non-binary, and I share a birthday with them (12/22), so yeah my dad was like you gotta listen. This is their most recent album which came out in April of this year. It's a lot of cool and great synth beats with Kae doing a kind of spoken word poetry/rap over it. I have to say, I really can't hang with the musical spoken word poetry. To a fault maybe, I can't take it seriously whatsoever, and it truly makes me cringe so much. So I really could only make it through about ten seconds of every song on this album 😭 I'm giving it a 3 instead of a 2 cuz the beats and the synth actually go really hard... so it's quite a shame that I hate the spoken word poetry so much lol. It's also got some really great features with Lianne La Havas and Kevin Abstract - both of whom I love... so more disappointment. Sorry dad. Favorite tracks: n/a


 

Comments

Popular Posts