Suicide (2019 - Remaster), Suicide (8/10)

Okay I have absolutely fallen in love with the band Suicide. This is their self-titled album from 1977 which was remastered in 2019, but I've been getting pretty into music from the 80's recently so I guess that makes sense. I first heard the song "Dream Baby Dream" (not on this album) in a wine bar on Bella's birthday and I was like this is so fucking good and I shazamed it and found it was by Suicide, which I hadn't even heard of! Maybe I'm just oblivious lol since they're pretty famous and one of the first alternative rock bands. Anyways, I was like I need to listen to this band so I decided to listen to this album and man it's great!!! I looked into them a bit and they were one of the first synth pop bands which makes sense cuz I fucking love synth lol. But it's a lot of just great synth bits and funky and funny vocals in a very 80's kind of Elvis Presley-like tone. Gosh! They are just so good. I'm such a fan... Favorite tracks; Ghost Rider, Rocket USA, Cheree, Girl

 

Comments

Popular Posts