Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea PJ Harvey (6/10)

Ok so I'd often heard PJ Harvey's name but hadn't really listened to her much other than the song, "You Said Something" from this album, which I really liked. This is her most famous album which came out in 2000, so I decided to give it a full listen. She's pretty fuckin awesome even though I only really like a few of her songs; I can definitely see why she's a cult classic. She reminded me a lot of Patti Smith and sometimes Cocteau Twins or even the Breeders. And besides the music even just kind of a Patti Smith alternative femme singer energy. There's a few Thom Yorke features on this album which (if you know me you know I don't like Radiohead) should dock it a few points for me, but actually one of the two songs is one of my favorites on the album, "Beautiful Feeling" mostly cuz you can't hear Yorke's voice. But yeah there were some songs I really fucked with a lot and others that I did not like at all lol - kinda hit or miss for me. I definitely respect her as an artist though and think she's super sick. Favorite tracks: A Place Called Home, You Said Something, This is Love, Beautiful Feeling


Comments

Popular Posts