Songs of Praise, shame (6/10)

I'd never heard of shame before, but they are a great post-punk band from the UK! Super reminiscent of Squid and maybe even Flight of the Concords at points (the intro to the song "The Lick" goes: "So in past last week I've made several trips to the gynecologist") 😂. In the realm of Flight of the Concords and also Squid, I don't always love the shouty/talky male vocals, but I do sometimes for sure (is that helpful at all? no lol). I definitely prefer the more melodic/musical songs to the more discordant or talk-y ones. But yeah they've got great drums and guitar and funny lyrics and sometimes they just rock the fuck out. Don't love them, but like a few of the songs a lot/find them very entertaining. This is probably their most famous album, and it's from 2018 (they released another one last year). Favorite tracks: Concrete, One Rizla  
 

Comments

Popular Posts