RENAISSANCE, Beyoncé (7/10)

Okay finally we are getting to the albums that came out on Friday (7/29/22). I know the gays are going to be mad about my giving this album a 7/10 lol but that is a good score for me!!! I'm not going to say a ton about this album cuz there are a bunch of reviews coming out right now about it from queer and trans Black folks that you should go read instead of mine, but I'll give my quick opinion. Honestly I did really like it. It's a super fun and dancey album that explicitly draws on Black queer and trans history and music, specifically techno and house and dance and ballroom. People are losing their minds over this album and I definitely get it. And in the last song, "SUMMER RENAISSANCE" she remixes/samples/sings over Donna Summer??? like I'm fuckin losing my mind too. And there's a song with Grace Jones and Tems on it??? Beyonce knows she can do whatever the fuck she wants. This album will definitely be all over the clubs for the foreseeable future, and I'm not complaining. That said, I don't love every song/don't always love Beyonce's voice for this particular genre?? idk. I definitely don't love it as much as a lot of people seem to even while there's a bunch of songs I do really like. The album is definitely about and for Black queer/trans people, though, which I have to respect and admire. Oh and the seamless transitions are just 👌👌chef's kiss. Favorite tracks: ENERGY (feat. Beam), VIRGO'S GROOVE, SUMMER RENAISSANCE 



Comments

Popular Posts