Random Access Memories, Daft Punk (6/10)

Okay you're gonna have to bear with me as I have a backlog of about a bajillion album reviews since I've been traveling. So the song, "Giorgio by Moroder" from this album has to be one of my top songs of the year and I just love that song with everything in my heart. One of my favorite record stores was offering up this album for $35 (a bit steep but it's a long album), so I decided to finally listen to the entire album to see if I wanted to buy the vinyl. TLDR I'm not buying the vinyl :(. While the production on this album is on 100 and there's a great variety of types of tracks (from super dancey to more poppy to slower electronic to more jazzy/groovy) as well as some of Daft Punk's most popular hits ("Instant Crush" w Julian Casablanca, "Lose Yourself to Dance" and "Get Lucky" with Pharrell), personally I just don't love any of the songs with the vigor that I love "Giorgio." Perhaps I've heard the famed songs too many times on the radio and the less famous ones I don't love as much, but I was a bit disappointed (mostly given my high expectations). Despite the low score, it's definitely a very solid album though with complex and very impressive production as well as just groovy beats. Additionally, it's hard because I think I'm biased against some of the songs by how many times I've heard them/their radio popularity; if I listened to this immediately after it was released, I would probably give it a higher score I think. That said, it's still pretty chill dancey vibes hehe. Favorite tracks: Giorgio by Moroder (😭), Give Life Back to Music, Contact

 


Comments

Popular Posts