Darklands, The Jesus and Mary Chain (7/10)

This is the second Jesus and Mary Chain album I've listened to and reviewed and is probably their second most famous (also their second release coming out in 1987). Uhg. I just really love them; they are quickly rising to be one of my favorite bands. While I don't love this album as much as Psychocandy, I still could listen to it all day and never complain. I think it's a bit slower and more boring (less dynamic/diverse) than Psychocandy, and I don't love all of the songs, but I still just love the Reid brothers vocals and the guitar so much. Don't have too much to say about this album, other than it's very niiice chilll early alternative rock -- definitely more melodic and a bit less punky than the first album. 😀 Favorite tracks: Deep One Perfect Morning, Darklands, Happy When It Rains, Darklands, Down On Me

 


Comments

Popular Posts