The Spur, Joan Shelley (6/10)

Maya put me on to Joan Shelley a little bit ago, and I really like some of her existing stuff, so I was excited about this drop from last Friday (6/24/22). If you don't know her, she exists somewhere between indie folk and country I'd say. It's a thin line, and I'm not the biggest country fan although I love indie folk lmao, so I didn't really love the songs that were more acoustic country female singer songwriter vibes in this album. While there's a few songs I really love in this album, overall I have to say I was a bit disappointed. There's a Jim Callahan feature (whom I love) - but I don't love that song too much sad. Maybe if you like country more than I do, you'll like this album more than I did - but ultimately I was just okay on it. That said, I still really love Joan Shelley. Favorite tracks: Forever Blues, Completely, Bolt, When The Light Is Dying



Comments

Popular Posts