Signal, Automatic (8/10)

Okay Pitchfork gave this album a 6.4, but I'd give it an eight or at least a seven. I'd heard the song, "Calling" from this album before and had really liked it but never listened to more of Automatic's stuff. They just released a few singles from their upcoming album that I really fucked with, so I decided to listen to this whole album (that album comes out later in June so just gonna wait to review the whole album). This is a short 31 minute album of clippy 2-3 minute songs filled with drums and synth and bass and vocals. Obviously, I'm a synth fuckin sucker so maybe that's why I liked this album so much - but honestly... I think it's really good? Like a lot of it??? Whatever fuck pitchfork lol. By the second half to the album, it gets a bit overdone perhaps but I'm still here for it. Great post-punk rock-y dance-y stuff. And the femme vocals? Uhg. I love girls. Can't wait for the new album. Favorite tracks: Too Much Money, Highway, I Love You, Fine

 


Comments

Popular Posts