Janky Star, Grace Ives (4/10)

Ok I've been on a bit of a hiatus since I had graduation last weekend lol although I've listened to a few albums mid-hiatus. This is one of them I listened to last week. 

I'd heard a lot of good things about this album in the last few weeks since it dropped, so it was high on my to-listen-to list. I hadn't listened to a full Grace Ives album through, but I did know a few songs from her last album. Her MO is pretty weird alternative pop if I had to describe it -- and I knew that going in. But tbh I did not really enjoy this album. It was a bit too poppy for me. Kind of in the vein of Aldous Harding or a Tirzah. Also very weird but not the kind of weird that I personally dig. I can see why the critics like it, and I can see why people find the music compelling, but I just don't really like her style that much for my own taste. Favorite tracks: Lazy Day, Lullaby



Comments

Popular Posts