Floating Into the Night, Julee Cruise (7/10)

A classic dream pop / indie folk album from 1989 that I finally got around to listening to. I knew and loved a few songs from this album prior to listening ("Rockin' Back Inside My Heart" and "Falling"), but had never listened all the way through. It's a super interesting album - pretty slow and beautiful and ethereal and somewhat creepy kind of like the new Perfume Genius album but less experimental. A lot of the songs feel like lullabies. Cruise's voice is really nice - similar a bit in register to Cocteau Twins and others of the same era/genre. But in my opinion, this album also gets a bit stranger than some of those other albums which I like. I don't super love the second half of the album/the first half is where all my favorite songs are, but I'd still probably listen all the way through. Another album I think could be a good Stranger Things collab if the kids ever make it to 1989 lol. Favorite tracks: Falling, Rockin' Back Inside My Heart, Mysteries of Love


Comments

Popular Posts