Excess, Automatic (7/10)

If you are a follower of mine, you know I got really into Automatic about a month ago. One of the singles they dropped from this album, "New Beginning" I also fell in love with around then, so I was stoked for the album drop which happened last Friday (6/24/22). The album did not disappoint!!!!!! It's a dope album of post-punk femme rock kind of similar to Wet Leg or maybe Bnny? Also in the larger family of like Goon Sax or Fontaines D.C. Anyways who cares who they are similar to because their sound is super unique. All the tracks have great drums and guitar and some synth with the femme vocals over. If you know me, this is a recipe for greatness. Love loved probably half the tracks, but even the ones that weren't my favorites are still p good. Could maybe use a bit more diversity of sound but really no major complaints here. Favorite tracks: New Beginning, On the Edge, Lucy, Turn Away

Also Bella and I have tickets to this album release party in LA in August! Should be amazin. 


Comments

Popular Posts