Wild Heart, Current Joys (7/10)

Ok so I don't know why I haven't listened to a full album by Current Joys given that they've made some of my favorite songs ever lmao. Don't come for me - sometimes you just gotta get around to listening to albums you've been meaning to listen to. Anyways, yeah. Great album. Great bass. Great drums. Good synth. Good lyrics. Current Joys r very talented. When I started the album, I was really fucking with it and thought it was gonna be like a 9 but if I'm being honest, I got a little bored by the end since some of the songs started sounding too similar which is why I ended up giving it a 7. But it all is very good and very much my taste. You can see how bands I like that are putting out stuff rn (like the Goon Sax) have been heavily inspired by a combination of Euro heavy dark synth sounds and bands like Current Joys. And of course, Blondie is a classic and probably the most famous Current Joys song out there. Favorite tracks: My Blood, New York City, Blondie


 

Comments

Popular Posts