When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired, Mothers (8/10)

Out in 2016, When You Walk is the debut album of Georgia-based group, Mothers. This is a fantastic album I would highly recommend to anyone who is a fan of indie rock, and it reminds me a lot of Angel Olsen (especially vocalist Kristine Leschper's voice). The album contains a range of songs from slower melancholy songs to a couple rocking bangers and also contains a variety of instruments from the mandolin, to the violin, to a full band. Most noticeable for me, though, were the lyrics. On the first song ("Too Small for Eyes"), Leschper writes, "I hate my body / I love your taste ... I want to apologize to everyone I see." And on "Lockjaw," she repeats, "I was a napkin in the rain." Uhg. The lyrics with her voice are just chef's kiss. Was gonna give this album a 9 but there's a couple just okay tracks towards the end of the album imo, although it does end on a high note with the last song. Favorite tracks: Too Small For Eyes, It Hurts Until It Doesn't, Lockjaw



Comments

Popular Posts