Horse Jumper of Love, Horse Jumper of Love (8/10)

Ok so I'd heard the most popular songs from this album (Ugly Brunette + Orange Peeler) before and really liked them (it came out in 2017), but I'd never listened to this whole album straight through. I was honestly really fucking impressed, and they've gone from a band I sort of knew and fucked with to one of my favorite bands today. Their sound/the album's kind of like a mix between Elliott Smith, Alex G, and the Microphones with the lyricism and vocal sound closer to Smith/Alex G and then with some more experimental guitar and noise like the Microphones. So fkn good and my exact fkn taste. There's great diversity on the album too, so I never got bored, with a couple interludes and some slower songs and some more hardcore (not super hardcore but more grungey) longer songs. Lyrics are also really fucking good. And the cover art??? yes. Now I gotta go listen to their entire repertoire. Favorite tracks: Ugly Brunette, July 5th, Orange Peeler



Comments

Popular Posts