Blue Skies, Dehd (7/10)

Damn. To be honest, I'm disappointed with this album. Dehd is one of my favorite bands making music today and, along with Porridge Radio, this was probably my other most anticipated album of the year. I think the problem is mostly in the way that music is being released now with so many singles ahead of the album. And I know that's all on the part of the labels, but when you release five singles ahead of an album that is 32 minutes in length, it is going to be quite difficult to exceed people's expectations unless all of the songs that haven't been released are really good. Out of the five singles that Dehd released ahead of the album, I love three of them, and those are still my three favorite songs on the album. Most of the new songs that hadn't been released sound pretty similar to the ones that already had and definitely were not better in my opinion. Idk. Dehd's last album was so good it's hard to compare, but I don't think this one lives up. Again though, I am probably biased because if this had all dropped at one time, I'd be raving about the songs I've been hearing now for a couple months. Like Bad Love?? One of the best songs of the year. And there's a few other good new ones, but overall most of the new ones were relatively okay imo. But, similar to Porridge Radio, the baseline "okay" is still pretty damn decent because I love Emily's vocals and the bass and the drums and guitar. Favorite tracks: Bad Love, Stars, Empty in My Mind, No Difference

 


Comments

Popular Posts