Blessing, Alex G (7/10)

Ok this may be somewhat of a controversial rating for Alex G's new single, "Blessing," since both Bella and Jenny have told me that they hate it lol. But idk I'm a fucking sucker for synth and the last 60 seconds of the song I would consider absolute perfection. When I first listened, I was gonna give it a 5 or 6 but after listening to this song on repeat, idk I really fuck with it actually. Obviously, it's very different from Alex G and perhaps signals a turn in his sound that OG fans might not fuck with -- but as someone who loves his old stuff and also really enjoys dark electro synthy grungey sounds, I'm here for it and excited to see what he keeps dropping since he's so talented. I really like it, and if you hate it, I might give it another listen.


Comments

Popular Posts