Wet Leg, Wet Leg (6/10)

Ok I spent a while debating if I should give this album a 6 or 7 but landed on a 6 (BUT ITS A HIGH 6). Bella loves Wet Leg and has been playing their singles non-stop since they came out, so I've also heard a few of these songs a bunch of times before. Wet Leg has a really distinct sound and some really weird and funny lyrics which I like about them. They're a duo from the Isle of Wight, and this is their debut album. It's a bit poppy for post-punk and a bit punky for indie-rock - but somewhere in the mix of all that. This album has gotten a lot of praise (they kind of rose to fame after they dropped the single Chaise Longue) and is doing pretty well with the critics, but I think sometimes the songs sound too similar for me and there are a lot of skips in the album which is why I gave it a lower-is rating. Wet Dream, though, my favorite track is a damn good song. Will definitely be watching them, and I'm sure they will put out some more bangers in the future. Favorite tracks: Wet Dream, I Don't Wanna Go Out, Chaise Longue (i didn't like it at first but now i fuck with it after listening many times lol mostly cuz lyrics r so good and catchy). 



Comments

Popular Posts