TESTING, A$AP Rocky (7/10)

Okay so I don't know how I fucking missed this album from 2018??? I guess I'd heard a few of the tracks but definitely not most. lol anyways, late to the game but here i am. This album goes fucking hard tbh. I really value a diversity of songs -- especially in a rap album -- and this album has a really surprising diversity of songs with some really slow and more r&b and then with some really hard rap songs and then some more experimental Dean Blunt like songs. The features??? Impeccable. Just the Frank Ocean song would get this album to an automatic 6 at least. Def some I didn't fuck with as much, but a lot I really liked. Didn't realize I liked A$AP's rapping that much but am definitely a fan. Favorite tracks: Distorted Records, OG Beeper, Kids Turned Out Fine, and Purity (200000/10). 

Just the opening of Purity:

I've been busy / I've been fucking busy, I've been busy fuckin' ???? One of the best openings of rap ever. 


Comments

Popular Posts