Stratosphere, Duster (8/10)

I hadn't listened to any Duster, but I knew they were a classic slowcore shoegazy band. This is their most famous and debut album from 1998, and it really hit the mark and exceeded my expectations. The first half of the album is a bit slower and more kind of emo guitar in the realm of Elliott Smith and the second half of the album has some more noise and experimental stuff going on in the realm of the Microphones. Gave it an eight cuz there were a bunch of songs that were a little sleepy and I could skip but even listening to them was pretty pleasant. I also liked that, despite the album run time of 53 minutes, all the songs were about 1minute to 4minutes which I really like; sometimes bands like this will have songs that are like 7 minutes or longer. Overall, it's a very good album. Favorite tracks: Echo, Brave, Inside Out, Stratosphere, Reed to Hillsborough  


Comments

Popular Posts