RAMONA PARK BROKE MY HEART, Vince Staples (7/10)

Ok so I listened to this and was about to review it a few weeks ago, and I was psyched cuz I was gonna get my review out before Pitchfork which is always fun for me. But then I got Covid and now it's been a couple weeks and Pitchfork released their review 😣 Anyways, this album is a lot slower and more chill/R&B than I expected from Vince Staples, but I fuck with it. It's got a few features from Lil Baby, Mustard, and Ty Dolla $ign, but overall it's pretty much a long solo album which I can appreciate since so many rap albums now are so feature heavy. That said, I did get a bit bored at points during the album and some of the songs sounded a bit too similar for me. I like Vince Staples rapping but I would probs want some more diversity in beats. Favorite tracks: THE BEACH, AYE! (FREE THE HOMIES), ROSE STREET 


Comments

Popular Posts