Marchita, Silvana Estrada (7/10)

Though Silvana Estrada is a 24yo Mexican singer-songwriter, you would never know she is so young listening to her debut solo album, Marchita. The album is full of vast and wonderful compositions which pair her stunning voice with guitar, violin, and what at times sounds like a full orchestra, though I'm not sure it is. If I had to try and describe this album, I would say it's kind of experimental indie folk with a lot of range. While I didn't love all the songs, I had to respect them because they are each unique and the arrangements are really interesting. Album quite exceeded my expectations; it was quite beautiful, and I had a difficult time deciding if this was a 7 or 8. Favorite tracks: Te Guardo, Casa, La Corriente, La Enfermedad Del Siglo



Comments

Popular Posts