The Lost Daughter, Maggie Gyllenhaal (7/10)

As I have said, I'm a sucker for beautiful landscapes and especially a sucker for beautiful Euro landscape and dress and overall aesthetics (Call Me By Your Name). Also a sucker for a great score. This had all of that. The cinematography was 9/10. Score was 8/10. Acting was really fucking good esp. the young Leda. All that said, the plot was very dark and made me sad (which is not always a bad thing but I left with a sense of unfilfillment that perhaps my naive brain might change my mind on in twenty years). It can be a bit slow at times but I thought was redeemed by the beauty of the film, the acting and the score. And Dakota Johnson is so fucking hot lol.  Can't believe this wasn't nominated for Best Film when fucking Don't Look Up was -- although I think Drive My Car should have won even if this was nominated. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts